John Tender – Foreman
724-796-8700 Extension 3
RULES FOR GARBAGE PICK UP
BOROUGH OF MIDWAY
- Garbage pickup is every Wednesday. If a major holiday falls on Wednesday, pickup will be held one day earlier, on Tuesday.
- All garbage must be placed at the curb no late than 4 a.m. on Wednesday morning.
- All garbage must be placed in garbage bags. No loose garbage will be picked up.
- Bags can weigh no more than 30 pounds.
- Liquid paint can be mixed with kitty litter, sawdust or other absorbent material and then placed in a double plastic bag for pickup. Liquid paint will not be picked up.
- Plate glass must be broken and boxed and weigh no more than 30 pounds.
- Grass, leaves and garden clippings must be placed in a bag or container weighing no more than 30 pounds. Limit 4 bags per week. Bundled limbs must be no longer than four (4) feet in length and two (2) feet in diameter and weigh less than 30 pounds.
- All trash must be generated on the property. No trash from any outside source is permitted to be placed with the property owner’s trash. It is the property owner’s responsibility for the trash removal and bill. The trash collection and bill is not transferable.
- A bulk tag must be obtained for certain items. These items are listed on the reverse side of this notice.
- Refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners and any other item containing Freon must have it removed by a certified technician and it must be property tagged.
- Certain items are no longer accepted. These items are listed on the reverse side of this notice.
- Electronic Devices can no longer be placed with your garbage. These include items such as Televisions, Computers, Monitors, Keyboards, Printers, IPads, and Kindle Type Devices.
- No medical, medical treatment by products (chemo or radiation therapy) or human waste with medical treatment can be included with your garbage. We are not permitted to dump these items at the landfill. Medical waste can be taken to your doctor for disposal or you may contact the Midway Volunteer Fire Department for information on the proper disposal of such waste.
Guidelines for Sanitation Pick-Up