NEWS & EVENTS
- ‘A UNIVERSE OF STORIES” SUMMER QUEST at Heritage Public Library 2019 (For students who have completed K-5 grade).
- June 6th Bingo Night
- MEMORIAL DAY – MONDAY MAY 27, 2019 – SCHEDULE
From the Washington County Planning Commission:
NOTE: For more information, please call the Planning Commission at 724-228-6811 or visit their website at www.co.washington.pa.us/planning
JVS Environmental is opening a NEW PERMANENT ELECTRONICS RECYCLING FACILITY, located at 1 American Way in Ellsworth. The site is located behind the Ellsworth Post Office. Participants will enter the site from Almond Road, past the Beer Here Beer Distributor. JVS Environmental will be managing the site. The site will replace the monthly electronics collection program that was previously held at the Washington County Fairgrounds, than at the Washington Mall site.
The site will be open on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month from 2 to 6 pm. Here are the dates for 2019:
- May 14 July 9 September 10 November 12
- May 28 July 23 September 24 November 26
- June 11 August 13 October 8 December 10
- June 25 August 27 October 22
- No Collection Dec. 24
- Televisions will be limited to one per carload per event. Damaged or dismantled TVs will be accepted for a $50 hazardous handling fee.
- 4- and 8-fott fluorescent bulbs and Compact Fluorescent Lights (CFL) will be accepted for a charge of $2 per bulb.
- Freon appliances will be accepted, with a Freon removal fee of $20
- CASH ONLY
Items to be collected include computer monitors (CRTs and LCDs); computer towers and bases (CPUs); mice, keyboards and speakers, notebook computers; printers; televisions (CRTs and LCDs); Freon appliances, fluorescent tubes and CFL bulbs; and most household appliances. Vacuum cleaners, carpet scrubbers, smoke detectors, and carbon monoxide detectors will NOT be accepted. Most items will be collected free of charge.